On the behalf of our client we are now looking for a skilled QA Lead to join their growing payments engineering team in Gothenburg, Sweden. The team is working with very exciting projects at the moment, and you will be part of the teamleader group and manage eight (8) QA Engineers in two different locations: Gothenburg and Lagos, Nigeria. You will have the opportunity to take part in the recruitment for these teams.
Our client develops superior products and services for their users around the world through state-of-the-art technology, innovation, leadership, and partnerships. Their product portfolio includes browsers, payment solutions, news aggregation services, data compression, privacy, and more. The products enable more than 350 million internet consumers to discover and connect with the content and services that matter most to them, regardless of the device, network, or location.
The ideal candidate for this position should have extensive knowledge of mobile platforms and web technologies, as well as basic programming skills. You have a keen eye for detail and an analytical frame of mind. You are a problem solver and a good leader with great communication skills. Your QA teams will work closely with developers and you will lead the teams to ensure that the company continues to release products of great quality. This job involves travelling to Lagos 2-3 times per year.
Responsibilities of the QA team
- Test and report issues found on web and app clients during daily functional and exploratory testing
- Maintain a good, overall understanding of the product to identify regression scopes and to quickly find weaknesses in a given solution
- Organize and prioritize release testing within a given time frame to ensure maximum quality
- Work closely with developers on feature development and provide adequate feedback
- Write test cases (both manual and scripted) for new and existing features
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Good leadership skills
- Self-motivated, structured, quality-driven, and able to take initiative
- Experience with quality assurance and software or product testing
- Great at multitasking and adapting to a fast-paced and changing work environment
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, and good communication skills
Bonus job requirements
- Experience with mobile platforms such as Android
- Experience with test automation for web and Android
- Programming skills in Go and scripting languages
Welcome to send your application marked ‘QAL’ to email@example.com. Candidates are reviewed continuously.