Department: Product Development
On the behalf of our client, we are now looking for an iOS Developer to join their growing Fintech engineering team in Gothenburg, Sweden.
With a global user base of over 350 million, our client is an international internet company that has expanded into product areas beyond popular browsers. Their product portfolio includes web browsers, fintech solutions, news aggregation services, as well as data compression and privacy software.
The team in the Gothenburg office has been specializing in exploring new domains and bringing new products to market in a fast-paced iterative environment. They spent the last two years building a successful payment product for the African market. It has quickly risen to become the top mobile money and ride-hailing app in Nigeria and is expanding across Sub-Saharan Africa.
As the team now switches focus to a new European fin-tech product, they need to grow the team with smart and playful colleagues. You will work surrounded by supportive, experienced team members that have a curiosity for both technology and the product domain they work in. The team enjoys a lot of independence building products that address real needs for millions of people.
The Gothenburg office has a relaxed, casual and fun atmosphere with Friday beers, board game evenings, great comradery and above all, a lot of laughs. There is time for both socializing and play, but also plenty of opportunities to learn new things, take responsibility, develop as a professional and contribute to exciting products.
You will work in a team of software engineers. On a daily basis you’ll stay in touch with the product-, design-, and backend teams. Your main responsibilities will be implementation of new features, refactoring of the existing code base, stabilization, bugfixing and code reviewing.
All members of the iOS development team are also the carriers of platform expertise. Which means you will help to refine the incoming requirements and to discover new ones related to iOS platform itself.
As part of the engineering team, you will have a big share in the ownership of the quality of the final product. This means taking initiative in facilitating improvements in iOS application and related product parts, as well as the project tooling. Together with your teammates, you will continuously learn and bring innovations into mobile projects.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, with a keen interest in technology
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as being creative and curious
- Autonomous working style, with eagerness to improve systems, processes, and yourself
- At least 2 years of mobile app development in a team.
- Key skills:
- Make high quality implementation based on requirements
- Understand constraints and tradeoffs applicable to the work at hand, and tailor implementation accordingly
- Communicate with the design team about visual specifications and graphic assets of the product
- Create performant, reusable, reliable and testable Swift code
- Take care of the fragmentation of the iOS ecosystem in your solutions. For example, different device types and iOS versions.
- Communicate with the QA team about testability of the app and verification of implemented changes
- Key knowledge areas:
- iOS SDK, Xcode, build process and artifacts
- Apple Developer Program and related concepts, for example, certificates and publishing
- Profiling and optimization of iOS apps
- Unit tests and automated UI testing
- Tools for static analysis of app’s code and resources
- Proficient understanding of code versioning and Git specifically
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Ideal job requirements
- Domain knowledge in fin-tech area
- Strong knowledge of Firebase
- Past experience with networking and backend APIs: REST, GraphQL, gRPC
- Past experience with using CocoaPods as a dependency manager
- Understanding of Apple Human Interface Guidelines, and best practices for iOS apps engineering and design
- Git CLI
- Familiarity with continuous integration and change management
Please send your application marked ‘iOS’ to email@example.com. Candidates are evaluated continuously.