Department: Product Development
On the behalf of our client, we are now looking for a Web Developer to join their growing Fintech engineering team in Gothenburg, Sweden.
With a global user base of over 350 million, our client is an international internet company that has expanded into product areas beyond popular browsers. Their product portfolio includes web browsers, fintech solutions, news aggregation services, as well as data compression and privacy software.
The team in the Gothenburg office has been specializing in exploring new domains and bringing new products to market in a fast-paced iterative environment. They spent the last two years building a successful payment product for the African market. It has quickly risen to become the top mobile money and ride-hailing app in Nigeria and is expanding across Sub-Saharan Africa.
As the team now switches focus to a new European fin-tech product, they need to grow the team with smart and playful colleagues. You will work surrounded by supportive, experienced team members that have a curiosity for both technology and the product domain they work in. The team enjoys a lot of independence building products that address real needs for millions of people.
The Gothenburg office has a relaxed, casual and fun atmosphere with Friday beers, board game evenings, great comradery and above all, a lot of laughs. There is time for both socializing and play, but also plenty of opportunities to learn new things, take responsibility, develop as a professional and contribute to exciting products.
- BS. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, with a keen interest in technology
- Ability to work independently, autonomously, and take initiative, as well as being creative and curious
- Strong web development skills, including:
- Translation of VD/UX wireframes to visual elements
- Design of the overall architecture of web applications
- Implementation of services and APIs to power web applications
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of applications for speed and scalability
- Integration of front-end and back-end aspects of web applications
- A good sense of usability, attention to detail, and polis
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Ideal knowledge and skills
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Good understanding of ReactJS, or similar working frameworks
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as Sass
- Understanding how to work with responsive design
- Understanding of how to integrate towards restful APIs, such as GraphQL
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient understanding of Git
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, marked ‘web dev’. Candidates are evaluated continuously.