We are looking for a passionate and engaged Full-Stack Developer with experience in ReactJS and backend. The position is in Gothenburg, Sweden and is part of the global Opera Payment Product Department.
The Opera Payments Platform (OPay) enables users to pay for services through their mobile or web browser. It provides fast, easy, and secure payments and money transfers. Our key markets are emerging economies in Africa, Asia, and South America, where Opera has a traditionally strong presence and user base.
As part of the Web team, you will work on delivering multiple core products part of the payment ecosystem. As a Full-Stack developer, you will collaborate with other members of our product, design, and engineering teams to translate user stories and mockups into a living, breathing product.
At Opera Software, we develop superior products and services for our users around the world through state-of-the-art technology, innovation, leadership, and partnerships. Our product portfolio includes web browsers, payment solutions, news aggregation services, data compression, and privacy. Our products enable more than 350 million internet consumers to discover and connect with the content and services that matter most to them, regardless of the device, network, or location.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, agile, and fun environment to work and have an interest in the payment industry, then Opera is the place for you!
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, with a keen interest in technology
- Ability to work independently, autonomously, and take initiative, as well as being creative and curious
- Strong Web development skills, including:
- Design of the overall architecture of the web application
- Implementation of services and APIs to power the web application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for speed and scalability
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
- Translation of VD/UX wireframes to visual elements
- A good sense of usability, attention to detail, and polish
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Ideal job requirements
- Strong knowledge of web architecture and distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of application architecture and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of concurrent programming and thread handling
- Good understanding of ReactJS, or similar working frameworks
- Good understanding of automated testing platforms and unit tests, such as Jest and Mocha
- Understanding how to work with responsive design
- Experience with code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with Agile work processes
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, and good communication skills
Send your application to email@example.com, marked ‘FS Opera’. Candidates are evaluated continuously and we’d like your application as soon as possible.