Department: Product Development
On the behalf of our client, we are now looking for an Android Developer to join their growing Fintech engineering team in Gothenburg, Sweden.
With a global user base of over 350 million, our client is an international internet company that has expanded into product areas beyond popular browsers. Their product portfolio includes web browsers, fintech solutions, news aggregation services, as well as data compression and privacy software.
The team in the Gothenburg office has been specializing in exploring new domains and bringing new products to market in a fast-paced iterative environment. They spent the last two years building a successful payment product for the African market. It has quickly risen to become the top mobile money and ride-hailing app in Nigeria and is expanding across Sub-Saharan Africa.
As the team now switches focus to a new European fin-tech product, they need to grow the team with smart and playful colleagues. You will work surrounded by supportive, experienced team members that have a curiosity for both technology and the product domain they work in. The team enjoys a lot of independence building products that address real needs for millions of people.
The Gothenburg office has a relaxed, casual and fun atmosphere with Friday beers, board game evenings, great comradery and above all, plenty of laughs. There is time for both socializing and play, but also plenty of opportunities to learn new things, take responsibility, develop as a professional and contribute to exciting products.
You will work in a team of software engineers. On a daily basis you’ll stay in touch with the product-, design-, and backend teams. Your main responsibilities will be the implementation of new features, refactoring of the existing code base, stabilization, bug-fixing and code reviewing.
All members of the Android development team are also the carriers of platform expertise. This means you will help refine the incoming requirements and discover new ones related to the Android platform itself.
As part of the engineering team, you will have a big share in the ownership of the quality of the final product. This means taking initiative in facilitating improvements to the Android application and related product parts, as well as the project tooling. Along with your teammates, you will continuously learn and bring innovations to mobile projects.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, with a keen interest in technology
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as being creative and curious
- Autonomous working style, with eagerness to improve systems, processes, and yourself
- At least 2 years of mobile app development experience on a team
- Key skills:
- High-quality implementation based on requirements
- Understanding constraints and tradeoffs applicable to the work at hand, and tailoring implementation accordingly
- Communicating with the design team about visual specifications and graphic assets of the product
- Creating performant, reusable, reliable and testable Kotlin code
- Considering the fragmentation of the Android ecosystem in your solutions. For example, different screen sizes and API levels
- Communicating with the QA team about the testability of the app and verification of implemented changes
- Key knowledge areas:
- Android SDK, Android Studio, build tool and artifacts
- Profiling and optimization of Android apps
- Unit tests and instrumented tests
- Tools for static analysis of Android app code and resources
- Proficient understanding of code versioning, Git specifically
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Ideal knowledge and skills
- Domain knowledge in fintech
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin DSL for Gradle
- Familiarity with Google Play Developer Console and Firebase
- Experience with networking and backend APIs: REST, GraphQL, gRPC
- Experience with mainstream libraries such as Android Jetpack, Android Architecture Components, OkHttp, Retrofit
- Understanding of the Material Design Guidelines and best practices for Android app engineering and design
- Git CLI
- Familiarity with continuous integration and change management
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, marked ‘Android’. Candidates are evaluated continuously.