JOB: DevOps Engineer for Opera Software
Opera Software is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join the Opera Payments team in Gothenburg, Sweden.
At Opera Software, we develop high-end products and services for our users around the world through state-of-the-art technology, innovation, leadership, and partnerships. Our product portfolio includes web browsers, payment solutions, news aggregation services, data compression, and privacy. Our products enable more than 350 million internet consumers to discover and connect with the content and services that matter most to them, regardless of the device, network, or location.
Opera Payments Platform (OPay) enables users to pay for various services through their mobile or web browser. It provides fast, easy, and secure payments and money transfers. Our key markets are emerging economies in Africa, Asia, and South America, where Opera has a traditionally strong presence and user base.
The ideal candidate should be able to work together with the developers, project lead and security team to grow and improve our cloud infrastructure, automate and document changes to it, resolve incidents, and support developers with necessary cloud infrastructure.
- Improve and scale infrastructure in AWS according to the needs of the project
- Manage incidents
- Cooperate with the security team to ensure that our setup remains secure
- Provide technical support for the developers
- Integrating and migrating legacy infrastructure to the cloud
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated, structured, quality-driven and able to take initiative
- Systems administration experience with Linux
- Programming skills in scripting languages (python/js)
- Experience with AWS services, such as ELB, ECS, EC2, EBS
- Deep understanding of the network stack and traffic routing
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken and good communication skills
Ideal job requirements
- Programming skills in Go
- Experience in “infrastructure-as-a-code” platforms (Terraform, etc)
- MongoDB administration experience
- Version control systems (GIT)
How to apply:
In this recruitment, Opera is partnering with Nu Creatives. Please send your application without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org, marked ‘DOO’.