CLOSED: QA Engineer
Our client is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join their Payments team in Gothenburg, Sweden.
The ideal candidate should have solid knowledge of mobile platforms and web technologies, as well as basic programming skills. You have a keen eye for detail and an analytical frame of mind; you are a problem solver. You will work closely with developers and other QAs to ensure that the company continues to release products of great quality.
Our client develops excellent products and services for users around the world through state-of-the-art technology, innovation, leadership, and partnerships. Their product portfolio includes web browsers, payment solutions, news aggregation services, data compression, and privacy. The products enable more than 350 million internet consumers to discover and connect with the content and services that matter most to them, regardless of the device, network, or location.
The Payments Platform enables users to pay for various services through their mobile or web browser. It provides fast, easy, and secure payments and money transfers. Their key markets are emerging economies in Africa, Asia, and South America, where the company has a traditionally strong presence and user base.
- Test and report issues found on web and app clients during daily functional and exploratory testing
- Maintain a good overall understanding of the product to identify regression scopes and find weaknesses in a given solution quickly
- Organize and prioritize release testing within a limited amount of time to ensure maximum quality
- Work closely with developers on feature development and provide adequate feedback
- Write test cases (both manual and scripted) for new and existing features
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated, structured, quality-driven, and able to take initiative
- Experience with quality assurance and software or product testing
- Great at multitasking and adapting to a fast paced and changing work environment
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, and good communication skills
Ideal job requirements
- Experience with mobile platforms such as Android
- Experience with web test automation and Selenium
- Programming skills in Go and scripting languages
We are foremost interested in local applicants who have a Swedish work permit already. Send your application to email@example.com, marked ‘QA’.