CLOSED: Game FX Artist
Nu Creatives client is an award-winning games developer working with social online video slot machines for the gambling and social gaming audience. The team has years of experience, and a burning passion for gaming and a love for gambling. Their headquarter is located in Stockholm, in a light and comfortable office space in the centre of the city. On their behalf, we are now looking for a talented Game FX Artist to join their team, on site in Stockholm.
About the role
As a Game FX Artist, you will be a central figure in one of the game teams, creating rich and rewarding effects (mostly real-time) that will have substantial impact on the design and quality of the games. You will work with everything from visualizing early game ideas, to producing the final artwork used in the games. You will design them in close collaboration with artists and developers in your team to jointly achieve the highest visual quality in mind. In order to play your part successfully, you will need to understand how the games work and are perceived by the user. You will work in a casual and fun atmosphere where you will have the opportunity to make a real difference.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least +3 years of work experience in relevant areas
- Demonstrated ability to produce effects in a variety of styles in After Effects or similar (real-time engines etc)
- The ability to create optimized in-game effects with device memory limitations in mind
- An interest in game development with a creative, imaginative and curious mindset
- A good sense for colours and knowledge of colour theory
- The ability to deliver in an agile, iterative environment where pace is high and all voices matter
We also value
- Slot development experience
- Programming or scripting experience
- Painting skills and experience with 2D/3D animation
- Experience in character animation
- Experience from working in Spine
Our client offers an excellent package, a challenging and rewarding job in one of the fastest growing and most exciting industries there is. They have an exceptionally high employee satisfaction index, flexible hours and here you’ll have the opportunity to have your work seen and enjoyed by millions of users, world-wide.
Please send your application with portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark it ‘Game FX’.