CLOSED: Android Developer for Opera
In this recruitment, Opera is cooperating with Nu Creatives, and we ask that you send your application to Nu Creatives, according to the instructions below.
Opera is one of the original browser vendors with more than 350 million people using their browsers. They have a very strong brand and a thriving user base, particularly on mobile platforms in emerging markets across the world.
Join an exciting new project aiming to become the leading mobile payment platform in Africa. The team, based primarily in Gothenburg, Sweden, is built up from experienced engineers from our browser teams as well as mobile payment specialists.
We are looking for an Android Developer responsible for the development and maintenance of the payment app. Your primary focus will be the development of the payment app, using Kotlin, and the integration with our golang servers.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, with a keen interest in technology
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as being creative and curious
- An understanding of modern Android development and passion for quality
- Autonomous working style, with eagerness to improve systems, processes, and yourself.
- Strong Java skills and/or Kotlin, including:
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Kotlin code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- A good sense of usability, attention to detail, and polish
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Strong knowledge of the Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
This is a permanent job based in Gothenburg (no freelancers). We welcome applicants from all over the world! Great perks and relocation help. Send your application with CV and sample code, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark it ‘And Opera’.