CLOSED: Web Developer for Opera
In this recruitment, Opera is cooperating with Nu Creatives, and we ask that you send your application to Nu Creatives, according to the instructions below.
Opera is one of the original browser vendors with more than 350 million people using their browsers. They have a very strong brand and a thriving user base, particularly on mobile platforms in emerging markets across the world.
We are looking for a Web Developer to work on the front-end of Operas golang servers, turning their UX design wireframes into production UI. You will also help design the overall architecture of the web application.
Join an exciting new project aiming to become the leading mobile payment platform in Africa. The team, based primarily in Sweden, is built up from experienced engineers from the browser teams as well as mobile payment specialists.
- Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, with a keen interest in technology
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as being creative and curious
- Autonomous working style, with eagerness to improve systems, processes, and yourself.
- Strong web development skills, including:
- Translation of VD/UX wireframes to visual elements
- Design of the overall architecture of the web application
- Implementation of services and APIs to power the web application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for speed and scalability
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
- A good sense of usability, attention to detail, and polish
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as Sass
- Understanding the differences between multiple delivery platforms and how to work with responsive design
- Management of hosting environment, containerization, and scaling an application to support load changes
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as git
This is a permanent job based in Gothenburg (no freelancers). Send your application with CV and sample code, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark it ‘WD Opera’.