CLOSED. GAME ART GENERALIST
Our client is an award-winning game studio developing games for the free2play and online gambling space. The company is growing rapidly, and has close to 50 employees and is located in the heart of Stockholm. On their behalf, we are now looking for a skilled Artist to join their talented art team.
As an Artist you will be part of a small and experienced team. You will be offered a creative and challenging role in an environment that is developing continuously.
You will work with everything from visualizing early game ideas, to producing the final artwork used in games. You will be a central part in one of the game teams where your contribution will make a real difference to the design and quality of the games. We are looking for a social, positive, and driven person who strives to set the bar higher and help create the richest slot gaming experience in the world.
As a Game Art Generalist, you will design characters and symbols, break them apart, animate the parts and implement them and make sure they look and behave well in-game. Also, it will be your job to finish it all off, leaving an excellent end-result. I order to succeed, you need to be an artist with a broad skillset that moves with minimal effort between Photoshop and After Effects and similar software. All assets need to be designed in close collaboration with fellow artists and programmers with good in-game performance with the highest visual quality in mind.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A passion for video games with a creative, imaginative and curious mindset
- A portfolio showing strong 2d illustration/painting skills
- A portfolio showing a good sense of motion and timings
- A portfolio showing ability to create effects in After Effects or similar software preferably in a variety of styles
- The ability to create optimized in-game effects and animations with memory limitations in mind
- The ability to deliver high quality work in an agile, iterative environment where pace is high and all voices matter
- Experience in 2D animation software like Spine or similar
- Experience in 3D modeling and texturing
- Some programming or scripting experience, especially in After Effects
- Slot development experience
We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, creative and multi-talented; who speaks up and have plenty of ideas; and who puts heart into everything they do. In return our client offers an excellent package, a challenging and rewarding job in one of the fastest growing and most exciting industries there is. You will work in a small team, in a casual and fun atmosphere where you will have the opportunity to make a real difference. Our client is also proud to say that they have an exceptionally high employee satisfaction index, flexible hours and the opportunity to have your work seen and enjoyed by millions of users, world-wide.
- A competitive salary
- Relocation contribution
- Free language classes when needed
- Great healthcare benefits and activities
- Seasonal kick offs and parties
- Flexible working hours and work from home when possible
- Your preferred technical equipment
- International breakfasts every other week
- Have fun and develop yourself “Q-day” once a month
- Pension and insurance program
The job expects you to be on-site in our headquarters, located in the center of Stockholm.
Please end us your application with resumé and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, marked ‘Artist’.